Closing date: 07-02-2024
Store Manager – Folkestone
Location: Cheriton, Folkestone
Salary: £31,900 – £37,500 plus great benefit
We’re looking for a skilled Store Manager to join our retail team. This full-time Store Manager role comes with a competitive salary and brilliant benefits package.
As a Store Manager, you’ll help to deliver our store purpose by guiding the commercial and community strategies in your store. You’ll also lead your team to provide a great shopping experience, helping them to learn and grow so they can bring our ‘Co-operating for a Fairer World’ vision to life for customers and members.
In this role, you can expect to:
• Empower your team to deliver great service, personally promoting the Co-op difference to customers and members
• Build an inclusive culture where everyone can speak up and share their views
• Develop your team through regular performance conversations to help them reach their potential
• Make sure the store is safe, legal and operational
• Manage and optimise your store’s commercial performance, recruit new team members and manage HR processes
You’ll need experience of guiding and developing a team and working in a busy, service-focused environment. Good communication skills are essential, and you should be able to coach, motivate and inspire your team. You’ll also need:
• Resilience and great problem solving skills
• The ability to understand and analyse commercial information
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and support the team with delivery of store activities
In return for your passion and commitment, you’ll get a competitive salary and great benefits package which includes an annual bonus (based on personal and business performance), 36 days holiday including bank holidays (rising with service) and 30% off Co-op branded products in our food stores all year-round. You’ll also get:
• A pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• Wagestream app – giving access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
• YuLife app – rewarding you for exercising with discounts and vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Coaching and training to support your career development
At Co-op, we’re proud to do things a different way. As one of the world’s largest co-operatives, owned by millions of members, community is at the heart of what we do. Since our Co-op was founded in 1844, we’ve had a clear social purpose, and everything we do as a business helps to build a fairer world for our members, customers, colleagues, and communities.
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We’re also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we’ll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We’ll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process .
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing .
We reserve the right to remove a vacancy before the scheduled closing date.