Senior Mechanical Project Manager
Location – Dartford (covering the South East)
Mechanical Project Manager required for M&E Contractor, to work in the major projects division, delivering the installation of mechanical services. You’ll be working on projects up to £2m in value in various sectors including, commercial, retail and leisure environments along with public sector and healthcare.
Ideally you will come from an M&E sub contractual background with experience within a Mechanical Project Managerial role and market sector.
* Be computer literate to intermediate level, with knowledge of CAFM systems, MS Office and Project.
* Understands and applies employee legislation, safety, health and environment regulations
* Able to demonstrate a partnership approach to customer management.
* Be organised and structured
* Strong Technical Awareness
* A proven track record of delivering large scale projects for blue-chip M&E clients.
* Have a good background in mechanical building systems both installation & maintenance.
* Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
* Have a sound understanding of current company and legislative Health and Safety, Environmental Impacts and Risk Assessment Procedures.
* Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current operations department activities when requested to do so.
* Hold a recognized project management qualification.
* Liaison with client and upper management to ensure project is delivered on time and on budget.
* Forecast cash flow with regard to invoice applications and suppliers / sub-contractor payment schedules.
* Management of in house and subcontractor labour and overseeing mechanical packages
* Liaison with Site Manager/Supervisors to ensure that project is being delivered as effectively as possible both operationally and commercially.
* Attend client meetings
* Representing the business in a professional manner to the client and key stakeholders alike
* Quality Assurance and Management
* Enforce and comply with company health and safety regulations
* Attendance at Commissioning/witness testing
* General paperwork management; RFIs, Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Site diaries, Project programmes, snagging Lists, O&M Documentation, general correspondence between the client, contractors and design consultancies.
* Design reviews, onsite installation and general problem solving related to unforeseen issues related to the installation of services
* Preparing the site for completion and client handover
* Liaising with teams to conclude the final accounts
* Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment.
* £60,000 – £70,000 DOE
* £5k Car Allowance
* 25 Days Holiday
* Death in Service Benefit
* Pension Scheme
* Normal working hours 8:00 to 17:00 but could vary if required.
If you are a Mechanical Project Manager keen to deliver a transformational change to grow and develop your department, that has attention to detail, maintaining very high standards with everything you do. Looking to progress to Director level within the next 5 years then apply today.
Contact Michael Taylor for more information on 01622357230
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business