DA2, Stone, Kent
Senior Land Manager
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our Thames Gateway Division (located in Dartford) is looking to recruit a Senior Land Manager to join the Division’s Land department.
The role of Senior Land Manager is responsible for identifying and acquiring development sites across the Thames Gateway Division in order for land targets to be met, working closely with the Planning team in order to ensure that maximum contribution is achieved from all land purchases.
Principal accountabilities of the role include:
* Maintain a high profile with external property contacts by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within Thames Gateway, in pursuit of opportunities for the company.
* Liaise between the Land and other internal departments, together with other Divisions and Group, to ensure opportunities are optimised and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land acquisition process.
* Ensure that acquisition proposals are presented, in an objective and professional manner, with required input from other departments and in line with Group/Divisional procedures.
* In liaison with the Technical Department, responsible for appointment of external professionals and consultants in relation to site appraisal
* Responsible for all projects from initial site identification, appraisal and approval to the point of purchase and implementable planning consent being obtained, in line with budgets.
* Assist the Land Director in the review and finalisation of the Land Strategy, managing the land bid and land acquisition process. You will maintain and enhance a contacts network and support the Land Director with more complex land deals. You must have excellent IT and written, verbal and listening communication skills.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
* Experience of working as a Land Manager or Senior Land Manager managing complex land deals.
* Ability to be demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of land acquisition and the appraisal process.
Qualifications and Training
* Property Development and Planning Degree or Real Estate Degree is desireable
Skills and Aptitude
* Strong negotiation skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good administration skills
* Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
* Proficient IT skills along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
* Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
* Office based role with regular travel
* Ability to travel to sites as and when required.
In return we can offer you:
* Competitive salary
* Annual bonus
* Company car or car allowance
* 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if a large volume of applications are received