Senior Employer’s Agent required to join thriving SMA consultancy environment
Due to increasing business demand we are looking for an experienced surveyor/EA to join our expanding team of Employer’s Agents, where your contribution will be highly valued. We can offer you the opportunity to be involved with an exciting range of new build housing and mixed use regeneration projects, with values in the range of £2- £30m, within London and the surrounding home-counties working with some of our prestigious clients.
You will form part of a team delivering professional services to clients using your skills to effectively perform as an Employer’s Agent, managing build projects from inception to completion. Although you shall have an ability to undertake the requirements of the role autonomously, you will recognise when additional or senior input is required.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
* Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team;
* Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender;
* Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages;
* Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated);
* The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled;
* Preparing contract engrossments;
* Acting as Employer’s Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s) which will require:
– An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector;
– Chairing meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans;
– Undertaking all day to day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements;
– An ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts;
– An ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues, where necessary, in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
Person Specification – Essential Criteria (qualifications, experience, skills, qualities)
* University degree in either Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or a similar construction related subject;
* Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Employer’s Agent combined with Quantity/Building surveying background;
* RICS qualified, or working towards APC/RICS qualification;
* Experience in residential development;
* Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients and wider team in a professional manner;
* Able to work within a team;
* Diligent with attention to detail;
* Able to think ahead and problem solve;
* An ability to form and develop client relationships and to seek to develop new business opportunities;
* A desire to coach junior colleagues by working collaboratively for the successful delivery of projects.
* Experience in non-residential development (including education and hospitality sectors)
* Experience in preparation of Value for Money Reports and Order of Cost Estimates
* Full UK Drivers Licence
* The post holder will need a CSCS card