Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Rigger have the function to lead by example; working within a dedicated team of personnel and reporting directly to the SME Lifting & Logistics. In order to meet the team objectives and business needs. Rigger to support the process and the team, highlighting any areas of concern or opportunities to the SME Lifting & Logistics. Rigger to ensure that all company standards, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times and that any queries in this regard are dealt with effectively. In short, the company expects all its people to always act in the best interests of our business while taking full account of the needs of our customers and the welfare of our people. The role requires the following over and above any other additional tasks which may be assigned and which are expected to be undertaken in order to meet the business needs. Must be able to perform all tasks safely and help create a safe and appropriate working environment for themselves and all other colleagues including but not limited to demonstrating Oceaneering’s Core Values; Safety & the Environment, Teamwork & People, Customer Focus, Excellence, Accountability, Ethics AND Adhering to Oceaneering’s Life Saving Rules at all times.
• Can performs technical work tasks requiring moderate to advanced technical experience.
• With little guidance, successfully completes task as required and can usually perform the skill
• Takes initiative to develop additional knowledge of the technical area and begins to train junior
• technicians in basic tasks.
• Problems and issues faced are routine and may include advanced technical troubleshooting and/or problem solving within the technical field.
• Displays professional communication and listening skills.
• Rigger, must take ownership for the wellbeing, behaviors and performance of all dedicated personnel and will ensure any change to personnel on the process has been covered through the TBT & JSEA.
Rigger, Will have a positive attitude and constructive approach to work including flexibility to work alternative hours and/or shift rotations as and when reasonably required. where possible .Adequate notice will be provided but dependent upon business needs, customer requirements and any constraints applying .
Rigger, Will be able to effectively follow guidelines set out by the Lead Rigger & SME Lifting & Logistics.
• Rigger, Will be able to both work effectively as part of a team and, where required, work using their own initiative.
• Rigger ( When Required ) will take ownership of shift handovers using appropriate methods. documentation and communications.
• Rigger, will take ownership and highlight any issues that will cost downtime.
• Rigger, will take ownership of all pre use checks and complete prior to process start up.
• Rigger, maintain a high level of Safety on equipment, machinery, personnel protective equipment and Personnel within all areas.
• Rigger, Will report and encourage others to report safety observations.
• Rigger, Will take ownership and be accountable for good housekeeping, This must be adhered to at all times.
• Rigger / Lead Rigger Will be responsible for all Lift Plans / JSEA, These must be complete prior to work starting.
• Rigger, Will share responsibility with the Lead Rigger for ensuring, prior to use that the equipment is in good working order.
• Rigger, Will take ownership of any damaged equipment and & report this to the Lead Rigger / SME Lifting & Logistics.
• Rigger, Must be responsible for all tasks being worked on and are being carried out to the highest of standards.
• Rigger, Will be able to engage effectively with other colleagues and stakeholders including other departments and third parties as/when required to meet job requirements.
• Rigger, Will complete a toolbox talk / JSEA before any new task is started or new personnel are assigned to a task.
• Rigger, Will be able to consistently learn and develop both to meet or exceed the expectations of the current role and embrace future career opportunities within the company.
• Rigger, May at times be required to attend engineering toolbox talks.
• Rigger, May be at times required to attend daily manufacturing meetings.
• Rigger, Will support spooling operation / set ups on plinth & surrounding area’s.
• Rigger, Will support load out spooling operations to vessel, Take control along with the Lead Riggers or the SME Lifting & Logistics of Delivery of termination to vessels.
• Rigger, Assist with third parties with reel load outs / vessel etc
• Displays required levels of engagement and a positive can-do attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, Engagement, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
• Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs.
REQUIRED (equivalent experience and/or qualifications may be considered)
• SVQ rigging or NPORS rigging & slinging qualification.
• Lift Supervisor qualification.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
• Ability to follow training Instructions set out by the SME Lifting & Logistics .
• Ability to communicate Instructions clearly
• Ability to read, understand and follow procedures & Lift Plans
• Ability to be flexible with a positive can do attitude in delegated work tasks.
• Must complete all work instructions set out by the training department
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click ‘Apply Now’.