ME10, Sittingbourne, Kent
Our client is currently recruiting for a Project Surveyor to work 37 hours per week on a 6-month contract for Swale and Maidstone Borough Council. The role will be to start in early August and the vacancy offers a pay rate of £28.04 limited per hour.
The purpose of the job is to:
* To oversee and manage a range of high-profile capital projects
* To act as lead officer on the projects and liaise with the Council’s Leisure, Technical Services, Green spaces, and cemeteries teams to ensure the projects are delivered on time and within budget
* To act as main point of contact for the works carried out by contractors and provide technical and surveying advice to other service units and stakeholders
The main duties of the role are:
* To produce detailed project specification to ensure that procurement procedures are followed.
* To review and analyse contract tender returns and make recommendations.
* To procure and manage projects as directed to deliver within budget and timescale and to the desired quality including the preparation of specifications.
* To act as lead officer for specific key projects including Play areas improvement programme, commissioning of Iwade Cemetery, prioritisation of repairs for Closed Churchyards and new Public toilets facilities.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-year experience working in a related position.
Barton & Graham acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Barton & Graham is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact James at Barton & Graham on (phone number removed)