Construction Planner for a Construction and Development company based East of canterbury kent
To support Operations Director to support the Construction team in the preparation and maintenance of programmes/schedules, progress reports, and procurement information at the planning and engineering/construction stages of our in house Development projects and D&B Contracts.
This role would suit someone that is very keen and motivated, someone who is happy to assist in all areas and are not afraid to get stuck in. Excellent MS Excel is a must for this exciting new role and experience with MS Projects would be extremely advantageous. Construction experience essential for you to be successful in this role. This role comes with huge progression potential for the right candidate.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
* Assessment of documents and other relevant information for the production of various project programmes
* Assist in the identification of risks, lead times and completion time for the programme
* Support and assist activities relating to monitoring progress, updating programmes, rescheduling activities at all project stages
* Assistance with preparation of validation/tender documentation and delivery programmes / schedules
* Review, understand and revise as proposed project programmes/schedules
* Assess any access, site constraints, and preliminary requirements
* Identify any specialist resources and plant
* Identify any suggest efficiencies through better construction methods
* Identify completion arrangements
* Hold meetings with Engineering teams
* Production of ‘fit for purpose’ job pack for execution by operations teams
* The critical path for the construction/engineering programme
* A detailed explanation of the programme risks and how they have been dealt with
* Explanation of programme and how it could be improved
* Details of any Sub-Contractors programmes used
* To support commercial and project management teams in dispute resolution and settlement of final accounts
* The programmer/scheduler remains involved with the project programme/schedule over the entire project lifecycle and reviews, updates, and manages it accordingly.
* Meet with Sub-Contractors as required to ensure they have their programmes and understand the sequence of works
* Set up Progress Monitoring Tool for Site Team
* Maintain a 4-week rolling programme on work commitments
* Visit sites periodically to assess progress against programme
* Periodically assist site teams to produce completion documents and programmes/schedules
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
* Good financial awareness
* IT literate, excellent computer skills (especially MS-Excel)
* Microsoft Office experience
* Degree or HNC in Construction related course.
* Ambitious team player with problem-solving attributes