M&E Coordinator / M&E Manager / Building Services Manager
*Multi-Million Pound Project*
What makes it Great?
*Opportunity to join a company that are a leader in their field.
*Excellent prospects for career progression, working in a busy sector.
*Chance to work on a Multi-million pound construction project in Kent, several years worth of work.
*Company have one of the best credit ratings in the industry, so this is also a very risk free and stable company to join.
My client is a national Building & Civil Engineering main contractor with a very busy workload.
This employer is looking to recruit an M&E Coordinator / M&E Manager to work on an exciting new build multi-million pound project in Kent.
To be considered for this M&E Coordinator / Manager role you must meet the following criteria:
– Previous employment as a M&E Co-ordinator, Building Services Coordinator, M&E Manager, Building Services Manager or Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Designer, Project Engineer, M&E Supervisor, M&E Project Manager or Graduate Engineer.
– Previous experience / knowledge in sector projects such as Power, Water Treatment Plants, Non-Infrastructure, Heavy Engineering, Industrial, Renewables, Energy from Waste, Recycling Plants, Heavy Plant / Manufacturing Builds or even general build background ideally on projects M&E intensive such as hospitals or pharmaceuticals.
– Previous Main Contractor employment would be ideal but not essential, Engineering Consultancy, Client Side and M&E Subcontractor backgrounds also considered.
– Good communication skills.
– Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc).
The responsibility of this role is to coordinate and control specialist engineering installations and ensure that the work is completed with accordance with the specification and completed programme.
-Adhering to the company H&S policy.
-Monitor, co-ordinate and control the flow of M&E design information to ensure the timely release of information for construction activities.
-Ensuring the M&E designers identify hazards and assess risks to health and safety when designing the works.
-Ensure all required approvals (statutory, regulatory, client and company) are in place as and when required.
-Assist in ensuring that the M&E designers produce design development programmes which meet the needs of the contract programme, and review the programmes regularly as required.
-Assist, when required, in the selection and appointment of the M&E consultant designers and design and build sub contractors.
-Ensure M&E information released for construction has been reviewed by all interface designers and construction team and amended/approved prior to issue for construction and is in line with the specification/ contract.
-Ensure M&E designs and details produced are economic and do not exceed budgeted or estimated cost without good reason and are in conformance with the specified or detailed requirements for quality.
-Keep appropriate cost and installation records including the witnessing of testing and commissioning as required.
-Carry out cost checks on M&E design proposals and report serious deviations to senior management immediately.
-Ensure risk assessments are carried out and all risks identified.
-Assist in the production of O & M manuals on completion of the project.
-Ensure that specialist mechanical and electrical sub-contractors work strictly within company Safety Management System and comply fully with all its requirements.
-To ensure that production controls are in place for monitoring, reporting, benchmarking works and improving performance.
The successful Mechanical & Electrical Coordinator / Manager will receive:
*£50,000 – £65,000 Basic (Dependent on experience)
*Car / Allowance
*Pension (Very Competitive)
*Lodge also available for candidates not local.
*Contract / Freelance candidates also considered.
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency