39 Egerton Ave, Swanley, Hextable, Kent BR8 7LG, UK
A Managing Surveyor required to provide support to the Commercial Manager, assist with and actively manage part of the commercial team for Special Projects.
You will ensure the team are minimising cost and maximising value through proactive analysis and facilitation of works packages and the building process to maximise the profitability of the business.
Other duties will include:
* Attend and actively participate in design, client and team meetings, ensuring that actions are cleared in accordance with agreed timescales.
* Work closely with colleagues to enable new projects to be procured efficiently and promptly and provide feedback on out turn costs for completed schemes.
* Ensure the commercial team are adhering to and engaging with Quality Management System.
* Assist the region in all pre-contract activities including the participation of external tendered opportunities.
* Have a good understanding and knowledge of the main forms contract together with subcontracts.
* Previous experience of actively managing live projects is required, the number of which in this role shall be dependent on scale and the size of the team.
* Promote and maintain external relationships and joint venture partners.
* Have a knowledge and understanding of compliance with Health & Safety legislation, policies, safety plans, risk assessments and method statements.
* Previous people management experience is required.
* Self-motivation, drive and passion to succeed are as important as is actual experience in the role.
The successful candidate:
* Competitive Salary dependant on experience
* 26 days holiday
* Non-contributory pension
* Life Assurance scheme
* Private medical insurance
* Company Car/Car allowance