Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR to join our Highways team to work in Dartford.
* To provide an effective in-house health and safety advisory and management service, to advise and assist the southern RDP contracts in meeting all its statutory safety & environmental responsibilities and to promote a culture of continual safety behavioural improvement.
What you’ll be doing
As a HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR,you will have the following accountabilities:
* To provide visible active support and advice to the contract;
* Carry out site inspections and audit Health and Safety against the Health & Safety Management to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Safety Management System and recommend any corrective actions;
* Provide active support in promoting and delivering the Zero Harm Journey Plan;
* Liaison with Environmental and Quality auditors to ensure H & S is integrated with environmental compliance and assurance;
* Provide support and management of external audits and liaise to provide corrective actions and closeout of audit findings;
* Support the adoption and implementation of the Balfour Beatty BMS requirements;
* Deliver Health and Safety inductions, training and presentations including Drugs & Alcohol testing;
* Actively encourage staff and sub-contractors to behave in a safe manner;
* Assist in the Investigation, reporting and identifying recommendations on accidents and incidents.
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* NEBOSH National Diploma or equivalent in safety management;
* Evidence of working towards relevent qualifications. Level of relevant experience will be considered in other cases;
* Accident/incident investigation training;
* Train the trainer qualifications
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on