Part-time Instructor – Hairdressing (Maternity Cover)
£18,840 – £22,508 pro rata (dependent upon skills and qualifications)
27 hours per week
Working with the teaching and learning staff, the post holder will be required to provide practical instruction, training and supervision to Hairdressing students ranging from 14yrs through to Adult returners.
All programmes follow VTCT syllabi in the College’s working salon Elements where members of the public receive cuts and treatments. This environment prepares students for the working environment as a mix of students and apprentices work together emulating different levels of stylists in a real world situation.
The College is looking for someone who ideally has an understanding of the Further Education system as well as experience of working in a professional environment. Experience of working with 16-18 year olds would be beneficial.
The post holder will work with full-time students ranging from Level 1 to Level 3 as well as Level 2 and Level 3 apprentices – there may be some salon visits to support apprentices.
Please outline your preferred working pattern in your personal statement.
This post is based at the Andover campus
Closing Date: 22 June 2020
* Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
* Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
* Free on-site parking
* Car Share Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Access to an employee assistance scheme
* On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus
* Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
* Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
* Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
* Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
* Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Interested? Don’t hesitate! Click “apply” now!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.