Avolon M&E are working with a client who are looking for an experience Design Manager to join their team based in their Dartford office.
They will be responsible for the delivery of design solutions across a variety of project types.
£65k plus package
* Working towards Managing a small team of Design Engineers and technicians / CAD engineers , being responsible for the quality and timeliness of work produced
* Interacts with the design team to co-ordinate the project and liaises with the Project Manager to ensure that all relevant considerations are incorporated
* Attend Site Scoping Surveys alone/with PM and produce Survey/Scope reports
* Prepares technical specifications and financial proposals for new work
* Assist with Tenders from a Design perspective
* Prepares and takes responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detailed design within agreed budgets.
* Production of detailed drawings, uploading to client’s with design information register
* Maintains the company design register
* Plan internal resource and review sub-contracting as appropriate additional resources, and manage the process
* Ensures senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and that the objectives of the client are achieved.
* Taking overall responsibility for and ensuring every design that is issued by or on behalf of the company has been validated and checked prior to issue.
Skills and Behaviours
* Commercially astute, able to anticipate issues that may affect the project and address them proactively
* ‘Can Do’ Attitude and a ‘want’ to Design within Budget and looking for alternative solutions and VE options for the Client
* Always looking at ESI’s and Sustainability
* An eye for detail and proven ability to work to tight deadlines
* Reliable and responsible, able to work competently on an independent basis
* Able to lead and mentor a small team independently