DESIGN COORDINATOR – ASHFORD – KENT
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are seeking to recruit a Design Coordinator with a water & process background, to join our site team on a water project in Ashford, Kent. This is a site-based role and the Design Coordinator will work as part of a multi-disciplined team, responsible for the production of design deliverables, they will liaise between the Mechanical, Electrical & Civils design teams and the site team.
Reporting to the Project Manager, duties include but are not limited to;
* Tracking the project deliverables on the DORM and liaising with the internal and external design team
* Coordination (managing the production and checking), of design deliverables produced by specialist suppliers or subcontractors
* Updating and tracking the design programme
* Managing change and reporting to the Project Quantity Surveyors
* Updating and tracking procurement using the procurement schedule
* Constructability liaison between the design team and Project Manager
* Providing technical assistance to project teams during the installation and commissioning phases of projects
* Undertaking formal design reviews throughout the project cycle as defined within TEL procedures
* Applicants should have a background in Process & Water
* Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Process Engineering discipline
* Professional experience working with design and construction organisations
* Chartered or Incorporated member of relevant professional institution preferred but not essential
* Competitive salary
* 24 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with service)
* Salary sacrifice scheme available to buy more holidays
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Bike to Work Scheme
* Free onsite parking
* Company Pension Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion