J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as ‘One Murphy’ by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There’s more to Murphy.
Construction/ Works Manager – London
Are you a technically minded and established Construction Manager looking for a new challenge? If so then Murphy Group is keen to hear from you regarding an opportunity to lead, drive and direct our CP6 framework and Euston Station operations. The Construction Manager will provide functional leadership for all construction phase activities within the Project Teams promoting Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental and construction best practice. A particular emphasis on this role is to ensure works are carried out to the requisite quality right first time every time following quality plans and ITP’s with the site team.
The Construction Manager provides functional leadership for all construction phase activities within the Project Teams promoting Health, Safety, and Environmental and construction best practice as well as syncing construction resources across the projects in close liaison with the Project Managers.
What you will be doing:
* Establish and promote best practice in Quality, health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project.
* Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
* Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to specific projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge.
* Liaises with the Project Managers to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets for the projected workload.
* Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
* Overall performance management of subcontractors.
* Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against specific schedules and man-hour budgets.
* Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
* Ensures that the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with the CDM Regulations.
* Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with quality procedures.
* Interfaces with all other functional leaders within the organisation to facilitate successful development of the project from solution stage constructability through construction, installation, commissioning and handover to the client.
* Ensure regular input from the Project Manager is gained on third party, environmental and public relations issues.
* Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Culture Development Culture (leading to Zero Harm)
Who we are looking for:
* Successful experience as a Construction manager
* Proven ability to lead and interact with teams and ensure quality and safety is maintained on site.
* Knowledge of company policy and procedures including safety and environment related issues