Blue Rock Recruitment
Job Title: CAD Designer
Sector: Aluminium and Curtain Walling
We are looking for a Cad Designer to grow our Architectural and Fire Door and Screen divisions.
Work includes designing Facades and Entrances in aluminium, stainless steel, glass and curtain walling and timber. Pyrostyle Fire Doors and Screen, complying with standard drawings and approval / certificated methods, finishes include stainless steel, PPC mild steel, brass and bronze, for a variety of clients including Architects, Main Contractors and Developers.
Joining our current motivated and dynamic design team the role will involve producing detailed design drawings, in line with architectural concept drawings, production of material fabrication drawings, schedules for ordering and fabrication. There will be the need to liaison with our estimating, manufacturing and contracts departments as well communication with clients, structural engineers and architects and designers.
The successful CAD Designer will have:
• Technical drawing background for architectural metalwork, Auto CAD proficient.
• Some knowledge of metalwork, welding, fabrication
• Understanding of architectural/Construction processes
• Ability to read drawings – plans sections details etc.
• Pragmatic and creative flair
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work on their own initiative and without direct supervision
• Good organisation skills and ability to work to deadlines
• Relevant technical or practical experience
• Site and surveying experience
• Programming of CNC machinery
• BIM/Revit Experience
Where required, the successful applicant will receive mentoring and support from the existing team, and there will also be the opportunity for on-going training and development.
It is anticipated that the role will grow and develop with the continuing growth of the business.
The hours of work are Monday- Thursday 08:30-17:00. Friday 8:30-12:30.