Building Control Inspector / Surveyor
Kent (South East Area)
£40,000 – £53,000 + Car Allowance
* This is a home-based role and will require extensive travel around the Kent areas.
* There are several roles available for roles throughout the UK
* We would love it if you have full membership MCABE, MRICS, MCIOB, MCICOW to be considered for this role, however applicants that are moving towards the above will also be considered.
An industry leading provider of Structural Insurance warranties with an international presence and a respected brand.
To provide site inspections on a variety of developments to check for compliance with Building Regulations and associated legislation.
Plan, check and site inspections
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
* Inspecting buildings being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure the works are in accordance with Building Regulations.
* Effectively self-manage, by forward-planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
* Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
* Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
* Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
* Full member of professional organisations: MRICS / MCABE, MCIOB, MCICIOW or similar in the appropriate discipline of Building Control.
* Basic understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
* Able to conduct inspections at each stage of the build
* 5 years relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspections and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience.
* Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
* Understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
* Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to create good working relationships with other construction professionals
* Ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
* Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
* Ability to motivate self and influence others.
* Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
* Flexible in personal approach.
* Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news